Krav Maga (/krɑːv məˈɡɑː/; Hebrew: עָמגּ ב ַ רַ ְקˈ] kʁav maˈɡa], lit. "contact-combat") is an Israeli self-defense system recognized worldwide for its practicality and brutal efficiency. While Krav Maga blends aspects of various martial arts such as Muay Thai, Boxing, and Jiu-Jitsu, it emphasizes training for real-world scenarios rather than training for sport.
At its core Krav Maga teaches students to avoid violent confrontation whenever possible and prepares students to aggressively defend themselves when no other options exists and they feel that they are in imminent danger.
Krav Maga students will:
- Learn how to defend and efficiently counter common attacks (e.g. headlocks, bearhugs, chokes)
- Learn and drill basic striking techniques
- Practice situational awareness
- Develop the mental toughness and controlled aggression needed to prevail in stressful situations
- De-escalation strategies to defuse potentially hostile situations
- Develop conditioning needed for fighting and self-defense
No prior experience is necessary to attend our Krav Maga classes.
Recommended equipment: Mouth and groin guard